Thursday, March 31, 2011

funny faces

When I was in fifth grade my teacher, Mrs. Bell, had a meeting with my parents. She said I was doing great except I always seemed sad. My parents were surprised by this because I was the family clown. I always made everyone laugh - especially if there was unhappiness looming around the house for whatever reason. I was the first to break the tension and cheer everyone up. I guess when I was at school I felt uncomfortable, shy, wanted to hide and not draw attention. Even then I wasn't happy with my body. But when my parents told me my teacher thought I was always sad, it changed something in me. My self-consciousness was translating sadness and I did not like that one bit. I wanted people to see on the outside what I felt on the inside. So, I really did change. By the end of the year, Mrs. Bell said she saw a 180 in me. I was a happy child, full of energy, and attracting many more friends....and even got into a little trouble for my chattiness.

The other night I was skyping with my family and my mom commented on my humor and funny faces. Apparently I make funny faces. And I realized once again I rarely show that side me to anyone else but my closest of friends (maybe a 2 or 3 people) and my immediate family. SO - today I was taking a couple pictures to add to my progress page and I decided to do a few funny faces to share with the blogosphere. Hopefully I'll start breaking out of my shell more and more along this journey. Enjoy!

1 comment: