Monday, February 21, 2011

monday morning inspiration

Since last Wednesday I have been in Nashville visiting my sister and her family. Just got back last night. While I was there I didn't have any intentional workouts. I think I definitely burned some calories painting both my niece and nephew's bedrooms. It was hard work - vaulted ceilings are not easy to paint! I was also just moving a whole lot more than my typical week at home. It's hard to be still or lazy with an 18 month old and a 3 yr old! They kept me on my toes! So I do feel good about the fact that I was on the move. However, I have been discouraged about getting out of my routine. It actually started before I went to Nashville. I have shared that I've been dealing with a muscle spasm which has kept me from working out regularly. My diet has been okay. For the most part I've stuck with my calorie limit I've set for myself - I've been trying to stick to 1400-1500 calories a day. However, the food I've been eating hasn't been the greatest. I haven't been eating balanced meals. Yesterday I actually had a hamburger and french fries (kid's meal) from Wendy's while I was on the road back to B'ham. Yuck! The sad part was that it was 3pm and it was the first thing I'd had to eat all day. For dinner I had yogurt and granola. The total calories I had for the day was only about 800 calories but good nutrition was lacking.

So I have a lot to be discouraged about. But I'm feeling inspired this morning. There is a blog I go to often for inspiration and motivation. It is actually what inspired me to do this blog in the first place so I wanted to share it with you! It is pretty amazing what she's accomplished. A couple months ago she shared some honest struggles that I totally resonated with...



No comments:

Post a Comment