Friday, July 29, 2011

portobello burger & the daniel fast

Today I started the Daniel Fast. I did it about a year ago and really loved the way I felt. It's definitely tough...but it's worth it! The main guidelines are no meat, no dairy, no sugar/sweeteners, and no leavened bread...for 21 days. To find out more about it check out www.daniel-fast.com. So what exactly do you eat? A whole lot of fruit, veggies, grains, nuts and beans.

So here's what I came up with for dinner tonight...

I made a Portobello burger, skillet "fried" okra, and brown rice. For the burger: I cut the stem and scooped out the gills of the Portobello mushroom and brushed it with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, basil, and paprika. I cooked it in a skillet for about 12 minutes, 6 on each side. I cut two wedges of lettuce to use as the buns and for fixins I used mustard, grilled onion, and avocado. It was YUM. For the okra: I tossed about a cup full with a mixture of cornmeal and wheat flour then cooked it in a skillet with a couple tablespoons of olive olive. Also...YUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment