Tuesday, July 12, 2011

30 things

Last night I went on a little warm-up walk with the hubs. As we were walking he shared with me all the changes he's seen in me since I started this whole thing. It was so encouraging and empowering to hear these things from him. So, I thought I'd take a moment and share 30 (for each pound I've lost so far!) things that are different in my life because of this journey.

In no particular order...

1. More confidence in my relationships
2. Wear clothes I couldn't/wouldn't wear before
3. Share my opinions/thoughts in groups more often
4. Don't give up on this thing when I've had a bad day/week
5. Lower blood pressure
6. More energy
7. Less aches & pains
8. Crave healthy foods
9. Crave water over sodas
10. Feel more comfortable eating in front of others
11. Don't avoid social gatherings where there will be new people or people I haven't seen in awhile
12. Better sex life - Sorry! But this is about being transparent right? :)
13. Learning to enjoy exercise instead of dreading it
14. More at ease with getting my photo taken
15. More optimistic (when my tendency is pessimism)
16. Less guilt when eating treats
17. More educated about healthy eating & habits
18. Feel empowered (instead of defeated) about healthy choices
19. No longer blame others/circumstances for my bad choices
20. More active
21. Spend more time using my talents/gifts
22. Feel more freedom (in many areas of my life)
23. Shave my legs more often (ha!)
24. Feel more confidence in tackling other challenges
25. More physical strength & ability
26. Worry less about what people think of me & my body
27. Experience less pressure/guilt when shopping for clothes
28. Generally a happier person
29. Making my way out of the spiritual wilderness
30. Carrying around 30 pounds less!


3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Mer! I've noticed changes in you too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were doing this! Wow, I am so proud of you and impressed with your desire to be transparent and healthy :) very inspiring!- Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - i just caught up on your posts after our trip. congrats on 30 lbs and 30 transformations in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete