Monday, April 18, 2011

how I celebrated 20lbs

For those of you trying to think of ideas on how to celebrate weight loss, here are some that came my way via twitter/facebook friends:
  • New jeans, shirt, or dress
  • Go thrift store shopping
  • Buy/download some tunes
  • Take a day trip
  • Picnic/hike at the park
  • Frozen yogurt or other low cal dessert
Thanks everyone for your ideas!

I ended up doing three small things... I've been wanting to slowly fix up my bike. (It's a craigslist find - probably from the 80s, white & purple, not so pretty, with some rusted parts.) I recently purchased a new seat, so this time I decided to buy some new handle bar grips because the ones I have make my hands sore and raw. Michael and I also went to Jason's Deli, got the salad bar but splurged on a small cup of their delicious ice cream. I also thought about buying a new shirt or jeans but I usually end up upset when I shop. I start trying things on and am not happy with what I see or the size I have to get. I'd rather wait until I shed some more pounds so I can really experience the difference of my size and such. The whole point is to celebrate and I wasn't sure if trying on clothes would lead to celebration or frustration. So instead...I bought some new underwears! Maybe I'll do some new clothes at 30lbs. :)

Small things but happy things! And it was fun spending the afternoon with my hubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment