Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 minutes

It's amazing how effective just 30 minutes of exercise is...30 MINUTES! That is nothing. Some days, I'm not going to lie, I have to drag myself off my rear end to go workout. But seriously - lets put 30 minutes in perspective. I need to be reminded...often.

It takes LONGER than 30 minutes...
  • for me to get ready in the morning
  • for me to fall asleep at night
  • to wash a load of laundry
  • for the average person to get to work
  • to watch an episode of American Idol
  • to prepare most meals
  • to stand in line at the DMV
  • for me to write a blog post
  • for me to check email & play on facebook
  • to read the newspaper
  • to play a game of scrabble
  • to watch a movie
  • to go grocery shopping
  • to clean house
The list could go on and on. 30 minutes really is nothing and when I'm done I feel amazing! It puts me in a better mood, I feel more energized, I usually sleep better that night, it relieves stress, it gives me confidence, it BURNS calories. I mean think about this...do you sometimes wish you could delete that milkshake you ate or that extra helping of dinner? You can! I'm beginning to feel like I'm writing an infomercial. You get my point. I know exactly what it feels like to go through the day thinking...I need to exercise, I need to exercise, I need to exercise...but never go do it. It's that horrible DREAD feeling that just sits in the pit of your stomach and doesn't seem to go away. It's miserable. The time you spend in that feeling of DREAD is probably longer than that 30 minutes of exercise!!! I think I've said before but if you have a hard time convincing yourself to go workout for 30 minutes, do it for 15 minutes. More than likely you'll end up doing more than 15 min or you'll at least start getting in the habit of exercising and will work your way up to 30 (or more!) eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment