Monday, December 12, 2011

Vegan Tacos!

Since I've started the vegan thing I definitely haven't been consistent but I've eliminated a lot of animal products from my diet...which was the purpose. I've tried to do vegan (sometimes ends up being vegetarian - so hard to eliminate dairy 100%) during the week and on the weekend (or if I'm at someone's house/or holiday) I'm a little more flexible. Hopefully as time passes and I learn what vegan meals and snacks I like it will become more consistent! So, I thought I'd share a favorite with you today!

Vegan Tacos

Rice-a-Roni has some really good mexican rice. The rice combined with refried beans are the "meat" of the taco. Super filling and super yummy!

My sister introduced me to this dressing! It's kind of a creamy mustardy type dressing. I use it on tacos, sandwiches, salads, everything! There is vegan mayo and vegan sour cream (which I like!) but I was out of sour cream so this works great too!

So I combine the rice, beans, avocado, lettuce, tomato, salsa, dressing and vegan cheese and stuff it in a tortilla and I'm not missing the meat at all! It's so filling and so very yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment